Skip to main content

Distractions...

Lately, I've been trying to get ready for Sally's crafting party this Sunday. I finally chose the projects we would work on and am working on some party favors. This morning I finished up some notebooks using my new toy, Bind-It-All, which I love. I still have much to do, but still find time to get distracted and overstimulated by the internet and crafty blogs. During some blog-hopping this afternoon I found a blog hosting a recipe swap which sounded like fun so here's our recipe for Dutch Babies. I don't know exactly where it came from. I just know for a long time we've been making it when we want something special, impressive, yet easy for breakfast:

DUTCH BABIES:
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
4 eggs
Dash of salt
1/3 cup margarine

1. Put margarine in a pie pan or 9x13 glass dish and set in cold oven.
2. Now preheat oven to 425 with dish inside. Allow oven to warm up while mixing batter.
3. Put eggs in blender. Blend on high for 1 minute.
4. At same speed, add milk gradually.
5. At same speed add flour and salt gradually.
6. Continue blending for 30 seconds.
7. Pour batter slowly into dish with melted margarine.
8. Margarine should be melted but not allowed to burn when adding batter.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes until puffy and brown. It will deflate when removed from oven.
10. Serve immediately with powdered sugar and syrup or whatever you desire.

ENJOY!

Comments

My world said…
I'm very excited!!! The last time I did a party with you was F-0-R-E-V-E-R!!! I had a blast, can't wait!!
randi said…
As I am typing this, I am copying the recipe off. Now I know what we are eating for breakfast! Thanks!
Liz said…
I have had a Dutch Baby at the Original Pancake House and love them. I like that they are served with lemon & powdered sugar. So good. I think I will have to make this over the weekend. Thanks.