Skip to main content

Fun & exciting times!!

This March has been really fun around here, between being in Donna Downey's newletter, selling my Create on Etsy, discovering a new inspiration (Kelly Rae Roberts), meeting new friends thru blogs and facebook, making several custom Word Arts, joining the Ultimate Blog Party hosted by 5 Minutes for Moms, blog hopping at Unity's Inspiration Blog Hop, and entering some creations in Martha Stewart's Easter/Spring contest. I even celebrated a birthday in the middle of all the excitement. Hopefully all this fun and friendship building can help motivate me to keep more current on the blog front. So in an attempt, I would like to share this simple project I just made for my oldest daughter, Rebecca (age 4). To coordinate my two daughters for "school" pictures I cut this flower from felt and sewed an old button to its center while wrapping the thread around her headband. I used one of my flower punches as the pattern. Its not perfect but I'm really happy with the result. And Rebecca adores it. I see a whole bunch more in my future (as well as Rebecca's future).

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out my facebook page or the previous blog post for my Word Art giveaway taking place on Wednesday, April 1st (No Foolin')!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Jen! Wow :o) I adore the flower headband, I would even wear it myself! <3 Beautiful!

Thank you for your comment on my blog, I am here to answer your question about the protein shake.

Well (bites nails) I doubt it will meet Amy's standards but I will go ahead and list out the ingredients :) with special thanks to my husband for coming up with the recipe!

We were shopping at Costco and found a "Whey Protein" powder for shakes so we bought a HUGE container (almost as tall as my cereal) for 20 dollars. It can easily last over a month or two if you have it daily :)

My husband incorporates a banana, couple tablespoons of peanut butter, nonfat milk (since I'm watching my calorie intake), along with shaved ice. Then he blends it in the blender and hands me a huge cup filled with yummy goodness.

Costco has two flavors but I picked Chocolate to help curb my chocolate cravings :)

Hope that helped, you have a beautiful blog, and even more beautiful children!

<3 Martha
Anonymous said…
I was looking at Facebook and noticed you lived in Sacramento, is that true? :o)
PaperCrank said…
Congratulations, Jen! You won a prize on my blog! Please send me your address so I can mail you your prize. :-)

Julia at PaperCrank