Skip to main content

Cherishing those I love


Art for GG, originally uploaded by byjen.

I'm sad to say that my grandfather passed away this past Thursday. My grandfather was an amazing man and he will be missed dearly. It has been a rough couple of weeks leading up to his death and making art has been helping me through it. I just completed this piece for my grandmother because I wanted to celebrate the " family masterpiece" that my grandma and grandpa created together. And I want my grandma to know how much she means to me. Because this sad experience has reminded me that I need to cherish the life I have and the loved ones I hold dear, today.

Comments

Rebecca Everett said…
Oh, no I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. Your art work is very beautiful and I love the quote. Your grandmother will cherish it forever. I just posted on my blog today about treasuring every single moment no matter what because you never know how long that moment will last. My father passed away 3 years ago and it is still hard for me sometimes. Definately keep creating that always helps the soul. :)
Trudy said…
I am so very sorry to hear of your grandfather's passing. I've recently lost my father, two grandmother's and may be losing my mother-in-law this week; so I know how difficult it is. I will pray that God brings you comfort.
Lissy said…
Loosing someone you love is hard...time helps you come to terms with it but it not something you get over...I made a painting when my dad passed away...it is good to remember and cherish the now...Lissy
This is lovely Jen. And the idea behind it - celebrating the family masterpiece that your grandparents created - is very touching. I'm sure they're proud of it (wherever they are).

Sorry for your loss - I'm sure he's in a more peaceful place now.

And I also can't believe we're in two groups together! How awesome is that! So excited to know you more! :D