Skip to main content

Live and treasure each day.


My new charm, originally uploaded by byjen.

This past Tuesday my grandpa was laid to rest in a Veterans cemetery near his home and fortunately I was able to attend the service. My grandpa was a wonderful man and I cherish all the memories I have of him. I look back and realize I thought he'd be around forever. But his death has reminded me that life doesn't last forever. So I need to appreciate what I have and cherish those I love, right now.

On my way home I found this charm that will help me remember my grandpa (he used to love watching CBS's Sunday morning so I love the little sun) and it will help me to remember to live and treasure each day.

Comments

Jenny said…
Isn't it funny how we do think of our grandparents as immortal. I lost my Pap 7 years ago and I still miss him terribly - - so my heart goes out to you.

What a beautiful remembrance that you created ... the charm is perfect and something that we all need to keep in mind.

Thanks for sharing - and for stopping by my little spot. It's nice to know that I have company! :)

Blessings,
Jenny
Trudy said…
I am so sorry to hear of your Grandfather's passing. My prayers are with you. I am glad you have so many nice memories to hold on to.
Beverley Baird said…
It is the memories that really do carry us along. I lost my Mom almost 2 years ago and those memories of her I cherish.
You are so right when you say that we must cherish what we have now and love and appreciate who is in our loves! Great advice for everyone!
Thanks so much for stopping by!