Skip to main content

My Artistic Vision Statement

In the next couple days I hope to work on the Artistic Vision Statement banner from the Artistic Mother. I feel the purpose of my Artistic Vision Statement is to give me direction and focus in my creative endeavors. I've actually been really excited about making the banner since I bought the book about a month ago. I've just had a lot going on, so I haven't had the time to create lately. But last week I did lay out some things from my stash that make me happy, I wrote my Artistic Vision Statement weeks ago, and I started working on this photo. It's still a work in progress (can't figure out what to do with the text color and layout), but I still thought I'd share.


Comments

Trudy said…
That is a beautiful artistic vision statement.
Rebecca Everett said…
Love this Jen! I am glad you posted yours on your blog. I have been tossing the idea back and forth. It is hard to put it all out there. Thanks for stopping by blog, oh yeah and I did get a shot of my husbands fish. I should post it, it would make him so proud.
softearthart said…
Hi, Many thanks for your kind words about my needle felt art on Beth's blog (Acorn pies) cheers Marie
Heather said…
Jen, this is so beautiful! Pure joy... and so true about our children learning from us... in what we say, but especially in what we do (not always the same, eh?) I often think, "I'm raising somebody's husband", but I need to be thinking also that I need to set an example of how my boys should be treated by a woman... sometimes I think, "I don't want them to marry someone like me!" Oh, it is a lot to think about, but it shouldn't be a burden. (hope that's not too far off the track:)

I love that your wish is to live a life you love so your children can do the same:)
Heather
ps. love your charm. Isn't it amazing how we find things like this at the most appropriate times? whether we realize it or not?
Kristin said…
Jen, this is awesome! I LOVE the picture and the vision statement is so touching - I love the part where you state that you want the girls to life a life they love - so perfect and so true! Bravo, Kristin xo
Unknown said…
Wonderful statement. I'm so far behind in this group that it is almost laughable! I love your reminder though.
E Makes Art said…
What a great photo, you can feel their love and giddiness! And I love your artistic statement, it is powerful! I haven't gotten this far in the group yet, but hopefully soon. I can't wait to see your banner, because your journal is amazing. Did you sew the bird?

Esther