Skip to main content

My poetry bag


Project #3, originally uploaded by byjen.

This weekend I finished the tote for my poetry journal. Now I just need to catch up with the reading and writing of poetry. Words aren't the most natural way for me to express myself. I'm much happier making and giving gifts or doing things for people to show my feelings. So I think reading and trying to write some words/poetry will be a good exercise for me. But I imagine I'll get distracted again from the task this week, simply because I have been looking forward to Week 4's Artistic Vision Statement Banner project since I got the book. So we'll see what happens =)

Comments

Heather said…
Hi Jen,
I just want to start by saying that I am sorry for your families recent loss. I hope you are able to find peace.

Your poetry bag turned out lovely, and I think your journal is adorable... love that little bird.

Thanks for coming to see my art papers the other day (and commenting). I just finished my journal on Friday and am looking forward to sewing the tote.

Blessings to you and your family.

ps.. love Dave Mathews:)
Kristin said…
Oh, this is wonderful! I love your bag and the picture is precious! I love the red toile and heart shape especially.

I too am sorry for your loss and wish the best for you and your family, Kristin xo
Lissy said…
Gorgeous and a great photo! It is wonderful to capture these perfect moments in life!
Rebecca Everett said…
Your bag is marvelous. I like the color combo and the stitched heart. Thanks for sharing
Lindsay said…
I love your tote! Especially the heart...lovely post!
Unknown said…
this is so pretty Jen....I love the pink fabrics that you used and the heart around the picture.....I struggle with the poetry part too, though I love to write...Cant wait to see your banner! melinda
Trudy said…
Your poetry tote is lovely.