Skip to main content

To like it or love it


Artistic Vision Statement Banner, originally uploaded by byjen.

I finally finished the 4th project in Shona Cole's Artistic Mothers book. I've been looking forward to making this project since I bought the book in March, but life has slowed me down the past couple of weeks. This week I finally started to feel more motivated again, so I got some creative time in. I guess I just needed a break for a bit.

I had built up quite a bit of excitement and anticipation for this project. Now that it's finished, I'm unsure about whether I like it or not. I love all the pieces. Most everything holds meaning for me, so I do love it for all its meaning. I'm just not sure I like how it looks all together. I think my expectations were high, not to mention I am my own worst critic. Maybe it'll grow on me with time. We shall see. Now it's on to Project 5!

Comments

Heather said…
Wonderful! Good for you to keep pushing through... I hope it grows on you, but you can always revisit as you continue with the other projects:) I need to get motivated too!
My world said…
I think it looks so sweet!
E Makes Art said…
Jen, I like it, especially all the fun bits hanging from "believe", and I like the fun colors. I hope it does grow on you.
mindy said…
i like it. it's beautiful. and there is so much to see. i'll bet it will be one of those pieces where you see something new every time you look at it.
danasparkle said…
jen, nice to see your pieces. your word for the year is "believe" and here it is in this gorgeous piece for you to share with your girls. live, love & explore. what beautiful collage to enable your dreams to fly from. make friends with your critic and then kindly ask them to be quiet, cause they don't know what they are talking about.
sparkle & twirl
*
Lorrie Everitt said…
It's great ... I really like your artistic vision statement (the "love" in a different font at the end it a nice touch). I bought Shona's book just a couple of weeks ago - it took me forever to find it in Canada and it was not in any of the bookstores I visited in NYC last month. I liked the book but I just can't commit to following the weekly projects ... I've got too much on the go as well as "flying lessons" ... so I'm just using the book for inspiration at this point.
JanHosford said…
Oh, I think it is adorable! Love all the embellishment with your theme "Believe" and how you layered it over your artistic vision statement.
jacqueline said…
I am loving this piece lots! You are so talented! Love to you!
Jen said…
LOVE THIS!!!! Seriously you have to love this piece. It's so joyful and full and reminds me of all the beautiful things in life. :)