Skip to main content

My new toy


Just before Memorial Day Weekend I had a few extra days off (due to a change in plans, but that's a whole different story). Now, on those couple days, I actually had some time at home alone. And this never really happens, I mean NEVER. I usually always have one or two little girls running around if I am at home. But somehow I had scored some time at home with not even my husband, so I got to create and relax while the sun was up. One of the things I found myself doing was watching a bit of grown-up TV (no Dora or Diego, etc..). And while flipping through the channels I noticed HSN was having a crafting hour (what are the odds on a day I was actually home and watching). So I checked it out and I found a new toy. I know I shouldn't have, but it just seemed like such a good match for me. I bought a Chip Art Starter Kit designed by Melody Ross, made by GCD studios. I will be able to "deboss" different shapes and words into chipboard, and I love using chipboard letters to create my word art. It arrived the other night and I played with it a bit. I hope to play a bit more this weekend. But I did play with it long enough to realize something strange--my Sparrow alphabet was missing an "E." Instead I have two "D's". I've called and taken care of it, but how strange. Nonetheless I am inspired by the added dimension I will be able to add to my chipboard. Hope to have something new and inspiring to share soon. Have a nice weekend

Comments

Oooh what fun to have a new toy for your creative play! Your blog is looking great by the way....see you again soon!
soraya nulliah said…
Hi Jen-I love your blog layout-it is so visually appealing and inviting! How are you finding Kellys' class? I am totally loving it with all the good "juju" (I absolutely love that word BTW and am using it at every opportunity these past few days!!) I like the idea of the embosiing tool-it seems pretty complicated? But I love the effects. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and see you in class:)
Cool tool ... I haven't seen that one yet but then it always seem like product takes longer to find it's way to Canada.

I just "found" Melody Ross again when her story was featured on Jenny Doh's blog (cresendoh)a few weeks ago - she was part of the "art saves" section. A very talented and inspiring woman ... that is for sure.

Have fun with your chipboard projects ... they look like fun.
My world said…
ohhhh this seems like fun, you will have to share what you end up doing!
jacqueline said…
I love being home alone too! Sounds like you had a great time! This new toy is amazing and so fun!! I really like that Chickadee 1/8" uppercase alphabet stamps!! Such a wonderful toy! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!
Rebecca Everett said…
I have been drooling over this for a couple weeks now. Trying to make up ideas on why I need it. I can't wait to see what you do with it. Happy crafting!