Skip to main content

Spinning


Xmas Believe Word Art, originally uploaded by byjen.

I've been meaning to post on my blog, but once again life has my head spinning. I'd have to say the spinning isn't such a bad thing right now. I just have a lot to take in; a lot of food for thought. While still trying to follow along with the Artistic Mother book, I just started taking Kelly Rae Robert's e-course. It's only Week 1 and I can't believe all the content there is to absorb and all the connections there are to be made. I've been hopping all over the internet, learning about fellow artists (notice I used the word "fellow") and being reminded about the power of dreams and dreaming.

I don't consider myself much of a writer, but journaling is recommended with Kelly Rae's course. It's easy for me to think about everything, but hard for me to get it down on paper (or computer). I need to find a way to get it all out so there's room in my thoughts for other things, too. I hope to get some quiet time to further write about my fears (Week 1's topic) soon.

Until then I wanted to celebrate taking another step with my creative passions. Today I am mailing off my "Believe" so that it might be considered for publication. I did this last year but waited so long to send it that I had to overnight it, and it was never picked up. Luckily it was returned unopened. I was disappointed when it came back, but I feel I need to try again. So wish me luck =)

Comments

Shelby and Bev said…
hi jen...i am also taking kelly rae's class, and i see you live in sac...i live in placerville! small world, isn't it?
i am getting so much out of the posts we have had so far...feeling so inspired and encouraged from the community of like-minded women as well...
Lis said…
Congrats on taking the big step to mail off your Believe banner! No matter what the outcome, the fact you are doing this is fantastic! I think doing things like that strengthen our creative muscles and determination to get out there. Bravo!

(where are you submitting it? I am keeping fingers crossed for you ... and so proud you took action!)

xo Lis
Anonymous said…
Hey there :) Thanks for your visit to my blog. I have been wandering around yours and LOVE it. :)
Anonymous said…
oh good luck to you!!

isn't it fun looking in on other artists? i'm having a great time!
Unknown said…
Hey Jen!

Thanks for stopping by, I'm glad you like my shoes! It's so cool that you're really going for it and trying to get published! Who knows what might happen! Good for you for not giving up the first time, I'm excited for you!
♥Jenny
Stephanie Amos said…
Just stopping by to say "hi" and wishing you the best on getting published. =)

samos
Rebecca Everett said…
Sending you all my good mojo on getting published. Was that one of your goals in the artistic mothers group? I wanted to take Kelly Rae's course too but ran out money. Have you liked it so far? Thanks for all the comments on my blog. Good to see you again!
WrightStuff said…
Nice to see you on the course. Here's a big dose of luck for getting your piece published. After all, if you never send anything off you'll never get anywhere. Good on you for being so brave :)
Good luck on getting published and congrats on taking that 'step' - from your fellow 'flyer'.