Skip to main content

Finding the right words


If you asked me, I would have to say I am not that good with words. Spoken. Written. Doesn't matter. It is surprising to me at times since I'm a rather sensitive and emotional person. I would think I should be able to express myself through words better. But I don't. In fact sometimes it's downright uncomfortable for me to find the right words. If I take a look at my family though it makes sense. I believe I've said this here before, but we're more of an express-ourselves-through-action kind of family.

So it's interesting to me, as I make art, that words almost always find their way into my pieces, whether it be the simplicity of a word in my Word Art or a quote with an image. I do love inspirational words and quotes. Both are simple ways for me to express what I am feeling.

Blogging has also been a great exercise for me, too. Having just completed Kelly Rae Robert's Flying Lessons, I've been inspired by many fellow flyers and their blogs. There are a lot of wonderful writers out there. I'm really drawn to the conversational-type writing. It feels really comfortable and inviting.

So as I continue making art and blogging, it should be interesting to see my voice develop.

Comments

looking forward to seeing what words you continue to draw your inspiration from-Robin, a fellow flyer
danasparkle said…
i love your word art. so gorgeous and so many. i started this world of blogging with uncertainty, yet i have come to love connecting with jellybeans from all around the world just because what they write resonates with me. my friends at home and i play the word game every year because of Ali's link a couple of years ago. http://aliedwards.typepad.com/_a_/2008/12/one-little-wo-1.html
i look forward to many conversations with you...
*
Trudy said…
I want to make sure that as much as possible that everyone else in the group is aware of when you post something for our group so that you will receive visits. We now have 99 participants. That is so great! Because we are so large, it is not possible to visit each and every post that every member puts up; so when you post something related to The Artistic Mother's Art group, I would suggest that you start your title off with "Artistic Mother" to maximize your chances of others from the group paying you a visit. I look at the blog roll for our group every day; and when I see those words, I automatically know that this is a post that I don't want to miss. Please continue to check the blog roll on my blog for Artistic Mother Group related posts on a regular basis so that we can continue to encourage one another in our efforts to do a little something creative each day. Only five show at a time. Just click "Show All" to see all of the blogs.

Trudy
Host of The Artistic Mother's Art Group
www.artisticcreationswithtrudy.blogspot.com
Mel said…
I'm the same! *Love* words, but not so brilliant with them en masse. I tend to like short, succinct phrases. I also just love the aesthetic of letters, particularly in art.
Mel (ex typeAgirl) :)
Linda R said…
I'm so glad I found you today - I'm trying to get to everyone a little at a time. Really like your blog so I'm following - keep flying ;-) http://www.designsbylindar.blogspot.com Fan/Biz page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Me-Myself-and-You/105043419547115
scrapwordsmom said…
Hi, there!! Stopping by from the artistic mom group. Looks like we took Kelly Rae together, too:) I am currently working on backgrounds. I LOVE Shona's book!!

As for your word art...that is what I love, too. Looking forward to peeking around your blog more!!:)

Leslie