Skip to main content

Setting goals


Dreaming, originally uploaded by byjen.
Here we are. July 1st. Can you believe it, another year is halfway through? So am I where I want to be? Yes and no. I suppose that will always be true. But with it being the beginning of the month I think maybe I need to set some goals for the month. As I try to form a list in my head, I realize that a lot of my goals are still the same because I am having difficulty making them happen. Well it's time to "believe" I can make the change necessary to achieve my goals. So what do I wish to achieve this month?

1. Finish reading through all the amazing course material for Flying Lessons, especially the part on time management. Because wouldn't you know it, I am 3 weeks behind. It's so hard not to get distracted by all the lovely websites/blogs and art and books, etc..
2. Start making a daily list of goals and working on them first before allowing myself to get off task.
3. Start weekly meal planning so that my family and I can both save money and eat healthier.
4. Continue to exercise regularly, like my new morning and/or evening walks (I took this photo a couple of nights ago and then had some fun with it using picnik).
5. Make time to do something creative everyday, whether it be on my computer, in my craft room or in the kitchen, and whether it be by myself or with friends or with my girls.
6. Enjoy the summer with my girls, even though my husband and I aren't getting much time off. So far we've been enjoying little things like going to the pool or getting together with friends to do things in the area. I just want to keep creating memories for my girls.

I could keep going, but I should work on this list first because a lot of those things have really been on my "list" for a while. Well let's see what I can make happen. What's on your list?

Comments

danasparkle said…
it takes practice to live in a mindful* way. wow! you are doing so much. your family are blessed to have you lighting the way. your photo has a serenity that is lovely to look at.
enjoy the fireworks.
*
Stephanie Amos said…
Gee, your list sounds like mine! I finished all the course material, but I'm still reading the book. What an amazing gift Kelly shared with all of us. Good luck to you in all your creative ventures! I look forward to seeing more of your work and blog posts! Have a Happy and safe 4th of July!
samos
olive + hope said…
I popped over from your comment on my blog (thank you for stopping in btw) and I see that we have some things in common. Believing is one that I noticed off the bat, and of course some of your others resonate as well. I can't wait to see what big things we will do! I hope you have a great 4th.