Skip to main content

A fun Thursday adventure


Our "Juicy Houses" Workshop, originally uploaded by byjen.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of visiting A Work of Heart for an art workshop with friends. I "enjoyed" a long drive to and from with my current artsy partner in crime, Paula, (the drive was too long) and we met Sylvia (aka Baxter's Mom whom I met through Kelly Rae's class and lunch just last week) and her sister, as well as Rebecca (whom I met through our blogs by way of the Artistic Mother group as well as Kelly Rae's class). It was my first time to a Work of Heart and it was really great. So much inspiration whether it was the fun materials and supplies, or all the amazing projects. Andrea, A Work of Heart's creator, owner, and our workshop instructor, has a made a wonderful place to create. I just wish I lived closer.

Well anyways, we created these charming collaged houses using painted papers, scrapbook papers, paints, and oil pastels. We had the choice of 4 cute little 4" canvases or massive 12" x 48" canvases. Everyone except Rebecca chose the massive canvases, and now I'm sure I'm not alone in the quest for the right place to hang this bad boy. I have to admit I really love how Rebecca's turned out. In fact, everyone's turned out great, yet so different. Well I assume they all turned out great, because we did leave Sylvia and her sister still hard at work (the time went FAST!). The class definitely made me want to dig into my stash of scraps and collage like crazy. Thanks to all for my Thursday adventure!

Comments

Kristin Dudish said…
Hi Jen!

What a fun day... and to be able to create with some fellow flyers - how cool!

I love how your houses turned out. It looks like a very neat project :)

Keep flying - you're doing great!
scrapwordsmom said…
Oh how cool is this? I sure wish I had some artsy friends close by!!! What darling artwork!!!

Leslie
Kerri said…
that sounds like such fun- getting together and creating art with other like minded people! :)
jacqueline said…
Jen, this sounds sooo fun!! I really do wish i stay close so i could join you lovely girls! I really adore that gorgeous collaged houses! It's beautiful! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!
Oh I love these ... I would have picked the 12x48 board as well!
Rebecca Everett said…
I had so much fun meeting up with you guys. We have to do it again!!
Peggy K said…
SO cute...thanks for posting!!