Skip to main content

Home Sweet Halloween

Getting ready for Halloween
Halloween has arrived at our house. Hooray!! We devoted most of today to decorating and crafting for this special holiday. Halloween was the first holiday that my hubby and I spent in our very own house, so Halloween holds a special place in our heart. So we've always decorated our home, inside and out, with extra joy and affection. And then to make the holiday even more special, our first baby girl arrived on Halloween, our dear Rebecca (I've always wondered what the trick-or-treaters must have thought that year when our house was dark). So Halloween is treasured at our house.

Much of the day, we pulled out decorations and crafted new ones. A great deal of my inspiration this year came from the blog Eighteen 25's Spooktacular September. For instance we started the day with Spooky Pancakes. Rebecca and I tried our hand at the Spirit Jugs (which I had also seen in Family Fun magazine). The girls and I made wreaths inspired by several projects I've seen online, including this one. I made a fun spider inspired by Jen Johnson's project. I just love her mantel with the Spooky canvases and the triangular bunting. I hope to finish some festive bunting myself before October is over. We accomplished a great deal today, but then again I always wish I could have done more. But the month is just beginning, right? I hope to make the fun frames and accordion flowers, as well as play dough and ghost lollipops for Rebecca's pumpkin patch birthday party. But I also need to sneak some time in for Donna Downey's new Big Picture Scrapbooking Class: Fun with Fabrics. That starts today so I better skedaddle and see what's in store.......

Comments

scrapwordsmom said…
Lots of fun, Jen. Thanks for all the inspiration!! I really do love stopping by:)
Mandy said…
how cute...we don't celebrate halloween in australia...wish we did looking at a these cute ideas...xxx
jacqueline said…
Halloween is always such fun especially when it comes to decorating up your homes! These are really lovely and i wish lots more peepz celebrate it here. Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!
jacqueline said…
Dearest jen, me again. hehe So happy that your three year old have the same appreciation for sheep like i do! I really adore Shuan the sheep! :) And yes please share if that's what she chooses. So excited. Love to you!
So cool ... I can't wait to start getting some of our Halloween decorating started. We are in the costume making mode right now but after reading your post I want to get started decorating now!

Have fun with Donna Downey's fun with fabrics class ... it looks like it will be awesome!
thanks for stopping by. These projects look so fun. My kids are all grown and we don't get any trick-or-treaters anymore - so sad. But I still have to get out all my crows to celebrate.