Skip to main content

If your heart could speak...


If your heart could speak..., originally uploaded by byjen.

Life has distracted me from my computer once again. And here I am again with zillions of ideas and plans swirling in my head. It's sometimes overwhelming to be inspired by so much. Recently my hubby and I went on one of our typical dates--we hung out at a local bookstore. As usual, he finds one or two books and plants himself at a table and I roam the bookstore in various different sections and come back with a huge stack of books and magazines. This night was no different. I looked through craft books and puppy books (I have to add that life with Sprinkles is wonderful. She is such a sweetie) and I flipped through craft magazines and holiday idea books (by the way, my Christmas "Believe" did not make it into this year's Somerset's Holiday & Celebrations issue. Maybe there's hope for a December issue). But I also found a table with inspirational books. In one of the books (silly me, I did not write down the name of this book) there were various quotes and statements scattered throughout the pages. And I was struck by the above question, "If your heart could speak, what would it say?" My heart would tell me it is overflowing with love for my wonderful husband, my beautiful girls, my family and friends. It is full of passion for all things creative. But it is also full of desires and dreams that remain unfulfilled. So it's time to get back to work on that. So here's to working hard to make these dreams and desires into my reality. And here's to living a life I love.

So what would your heart say?

Comments

scrapwordsmom said…
First of all your trip to the bookstore sounds just like mine;)

Second...I LOVE this!! I am gonna spend some time today thinking about what my heart would say. I know for sure it would say "I am soooo blessed!"

Have a wonderful day:)
Carrie Schmitt said…
My hubby and I like to go on dates to the bookstore too. I love the topic of your blog and question. My heart knows how your heart feels...I too feel that I am on the right path (finally) but there is still a lot of dreams to be fulfilled. I posted an incredible video on my blog today that speaks to your thoughts as well. It is definitely worth watching. I think you will love it! It is something I need to watch over and over because it energizes me!
Stephanie Amos said…
My heart is feeling the same as yours! A friend of mine recommended a book for me. I just started it called Trust the Process by Shaun McNiff. I'm hoping it will help me with all the creative flow.

Love those dates!
Hello Jen ... welcome back! It's good to take a break every once in a while.

Beautiful photo and I love the saying. What would my heart say ... "enjoy life and don't let anything sidetrack you from what is most important to you - your family".
Shelby and Bev said…
hi jen...it's nice to hear from you...
there is still room for you in tahoe if you think you can swing it...would love to have you...
xo
Baxter's Mom said…
Hi Jen, I love this! I have to listen to my heart and hear what it is saying...one thing I hear very clearly is how grateful I am to have found wonderful friends to share in this artistic journey! Thanks!