Skip to main content

Counting my blessings

Holiday Fun

I hope everyone has been enjoying their holidays. I have certainly been enjoying the season. You might have even noticed I took a little vacation from the computer (not planned, just happened). It's been crazy at times, but fun nonetheless. On several occasions, our family enjoyed visiting Santa and different Christmas light displays. We watched Rebecca and Katherine dance in the Littlest Nutcracker. On numerous occasions, we snuggled up to Christmas classics like White Christmas, Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman, and A Christmas Story. We read countless Christmas themed books, including The Night Before Christmas.  I've listened to nonstop Christmas music since Thanksgiving (okay maybe a little bit earlier than that). My husband and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary (and even took our girls to visit the B&B where we were married). We baked Sherry cakes and countless cookies, with much of my cookie inspiration coming from Pioneer Woman. We made graham cracker houses. We joined the crowds and shopped for gifts and made a few as well (including Rebecca's hand-sewn scarf for Santa--see the adorable tree). We mailed and received many Christmas cards. We made snowflakes with paper and scissors. I participated in both a cookie exchange and a Secret Santa exchange. We had a secret Santa adventure with horses and carriage rides. We gave and received many wonderful gifts. In fact we witnessed magic as Rebecca received a precious purple dolphin keychain from Santa that she had recently lost. And we enjoyed lots of time with loved ones. We have been truly blessed this holiday season. Happy Holidays!

Comments

scrapwordsmom said…
Jen, what a beautiful family you have. So many wonderful memories you have made!!

I LOVED my card!!! You made my day. I was soooo excited to show it off to my family:)

Have a wonderful week:)

Les
Baxter's Mom said…
Sound like so much fun with the family! Glad to see you back...lunch soon?
scrapwordsmom said…
I see you are doing the ARt Journaling every day like me!!:)