Skip to main content

Clearing out household clutter

I have been inspired to jump into 2011 and clear out the clutter in our home. And this weekend has been amazing! Both my husband and I have been purging stuff left and right. Now we're no where near done, but we have been forced to slow down because our trash cans are overflowing. One of the many things I did was tackle the worst "junk" drawer in our house, my makeup drawer. This was the first assignment in A Bowl Full of Lemon's 21 Days to Getting Organized Challenge.


I learned about the challenge from my BFF and thought it would be a good jump start to clearing out clutter (well honestly, at first I thought 21 days was way too aggressive for my house, but then I decided I should at least give it a try). I have to say I am surprised at how much junk was in the drawer, how quickly the drawer was reorganized (just over 30 minutes) and how good it felt. Stay tuned to see if I can keep up......
Before & After

Comments

scrapwordsmom said…
What motivation this is!! I recently went through my make up drawer too...goodness gracious a mess!!:) Mine doesn't look as good as yours though....

Keep up the good work!
Sally said…
It looks great, Jen!
Thank you!Your drawer looks soooo much better! Keep it up! WE will all motivate eachother!!!
Mrs Greeny said…
Hi Jen, your draw looks great. Thanks for your comments on my site, and if you think I had a challenge with the draws wait until you see my desk. I think I am going to have to take the week to finish that challenge.
Hey Jenn, not bad hugh. This challenge should be pretty cool, if we stick with it. Good luck, and THANK YOU for visiting me and my green desk.

Keep it up girl, can't wait to see more organization!!

Bella

Oh and if you are interested in ONE more link party, I would LOVE for you to add me to your list, **Amaze me August**, I am off to start a new one now.

Hugs!!
Kimberly said…
hey! Stopping by from the One little word class! :) nice blog you have here.

My word, {simple] is inspiring me to de-clutter as well! All the best to you!
Heather said…
Wow! What a difference! Looks amazing!
Thanks for such a sweet comment on my blog :)
Jess said…
Man, do I need to do this. I'm in the midst of organizing my art studio... craziness is all I have to say!! Good luck!!