Skip to main content

It's time to get back up

Time to get up

We are almost officially one week into the new year!  I am really enjoying my one little word, Clear, and all that it's been inspiring. I've been clearing out the clutter in my house like crazy. I haven't been able to keep up with A Bowl Full of Lemon's challenge like I had hoped but I certainly have been bitten by the organizing bug. I don't have photos to show, but you would have been amazed by the pile of clothes that Daniel and I cleared out of our closet and drawers. It felt so good to drop them off at Good Will this morning. I've been clearing out time for art and blogging and all things creative, and this makes me so happy. I still need to get going on my art journal, but I'll get there. I'm truly enjoying Ali Edwards' class and hope to have more to show for it in the next week or two. I've been good about buying less, which helps both in my goal to clear the clutter (bringing home less) and clear our debt (less money spent, more money for debt). So I am accomplishing a lot!

But I still need to get to work on my weight loss goal. It seems like this goal haunts me every year. So in an attempt to get myself up and going on this, I have joined the Biggest Loser Challenge at Green Tangerines (a local scrapbook store). I'm not sure what I'm hoping to gain from joining, but I thought it was time to do something different. In the past I've been quiet about my weight loss goals, even with close friends and family, and so far that hasn't worked. So here I am announcing to all that I need to lose weight and I plan to make 2011 the year that I actually do it! I'm going to clear out bad habits and my excess weight! Feel free to join me!

Comments

Farmgirl Paints said…
You can do it girl. It's now or never right?:)
Kerri said…
your workout buddies are SO cute!
happy new year!
Jess said…
Cutest picture EVER!!! Great start to a great year!!
Cindy Groh said…
Keep at it!!! Who could stop with those little sweeties by your side? What a great picture.
jacqueline said…
Dearest sweet Jen, i adore this sweet and very adorable photo. It made me smile! Seems like you are off to a great start in this new year....keep up the good work and i know you can do it! Wishing you love and joy this new year. Thanks so much for all the love, support and blessing you sent my way! I look forward to sharing more adventures with you this year! Wishing you a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!
Unknown said…
Right on Jen! Cleaning house and getting in shape, you can do it!
Happiest of New Years to you! I really really need to lose some pounds in 2011 too. I finally threw out all the extra holiday treats we had in the house. Good Luck!
♥jenny
mindy said…
i love this picture! it's adorable!

and i can't wait to join ali edwards class. it's on my to do list...

love your word by the way!
soraya nulliah said…
Jen...the book women, Food and God by Jeanine Roth was a major aha moment for me. I bought it because Oprah was raving about it so much...she almost fell off her chair. It is an amazing amazing book and I highly recommend it.
I think clearing out excess junk is a great start to the new year...and making room for other things. Love the pic BTW...can we say ADORABLE??? xxx