Skip to main content

A lovely weekend

January 2011 OLW Class
January 2011 One Little Word Class Assignment
Where to begin....I had a lovely weekend. I never used to be one to use the word lovely, but 1. My weekend was lovely, and 2. I just love how fellow Kelly Rae Flyer Jacqueline uses it--its so happy. It gives me warm fuzzies. I had tons of fun while getting tons of things accomplished!

We had a movie night with popcorn, Despicable Me (cute movie), and good friends. I continued my quest for a clutter-free home and am enjoying the results (it's so much easier to keep things clean when there's a place for everything).

I finished reading The Procrastinator's Handbook: Mastering the Art of Doing It Now and I am so proud of myself. I'm notorious for starting books but not finishing them, but I felt that this one needed to be finished--it's just wrong to put a procrastinator's book off until later (Can you say "missing the point"?). It was a great book for me to read. It offered lots of suggestions for getting life organized.

I also enjoyed some time in my craft room finishing January's assignment for Ali Edward's One Little Word Class. I loved doing it, and I love how it turned out. In the spirit of clearing clutter, I've been trying to use items I already have rather than buying more stuff. So rather than buy the adorable divided page protector, I sewed one myself (I actually have a box of old sheet protectors). It took some trial and error, but I am thrilled with the results. And I am LOVING my one little word--Clear. I know it's still the beginning of the year, but I feel really connected to it. I am really looking forward to seeing all it will bring. So far it has brought loveliness ♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

Sally said…
Lovely! :)
My world said…
personally I think the word isn't used ENOUGH!!!!!
jacqueline said…
Dearest sweet jen, so sweet of you to mention me on your post today! So so happy to know you had such a wonderful merry weekend and did all you wanted to do!! Awesome! I really need to get into the mood/spirit of clearing clutter...as i will be moving soon. :) Loving your one little word ~ clear! :) Have a lovely merry happy day sweet friend and love to you!
Rebekah said…
Your pictures are all so beautiful! So glad to have found your blog through the Doodles 101 class!!
scrapwordsmom said…
Jen, your post made me smile this morning {it's just 6am}. LOVE that layout! Those colors are my favorite. I would love to hear about Ali's class. Such a great idea.

I am doing well with my Word this year, too. Really feeling connected to REINVENT.

And like you, I am trying to find a home for all our stuff. Looking around my office I think that should be next-LOL!
Kerri said…
the heart cards look so cute! and good for you for not buying new materials in order to make them! :)