Skip to main content

Slow and steady

"Slow and steady wins the race." -Aesop, The Hare and the Tortoise

So here we are, fourth day of the year and the excitement of a fresh, clean start is already being replaced by the mental clutter of all I want to accomplish in this new year. But I need to remember slow and steady wins the race, right? Ali Edwards offered this gentle reminder to all of her One Little Word students over at BPS. Have I mentioned I am taking this class? I know, I know...what am I thinking? I am supposed to be clearing stuff off my list, not adding more, right? Well I am so happy I decided to add this class to my To Do list. The class spans the entire year, at the end of which we'll have an album celebrating our word and the journey it takes us on. So far the class content and projects are simple, doable, and inspiring. And I love seeing all the other students' words and pages. It just feels good to get to know my word, embrace it's meaning, and be inspired to make art again (the holidays really stole me away from making art). Now I haven't completed anything from class just yet, but yesterday I was inspired to make a little art piece to celebrate my word.

Clear in the beginning
Clear with a sketch
Clear colored in
Clear with quote
"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart."

Now I am still doing my best to keep up with the organizing challenge, too. But it is truly becoming a challenge, and it's only Day #3. Day #3 is the kitchen cabinet with all our tupperware--which I seem to organize over and over, but it still stays a mess. I'll have to see what I can get done today when I get home. Every little bit helps, right? Slow and steady!

Comments

Sally said…
I love, love, love it! Beautiful.
Baxter's Mom said…
Oh Jen, I LOVE it!!! It's a perfect way to start One Little Word...did you see that KKR is taking our class???
Kimberly said…
awesome way to display your word!
Mandy said…
very sweet....lol to your cleaning...seriously...i seem to always spring clean....maybe my 6 kidlets have something to do with it...lol...xxx
Jess said…
I love your word. I can't wait to see what the year brings for you.
Shalet said…
Though I'm not taking the class I have a word too. Appreciate. I think this will be quite an important word in the year to come.
Christina Dowty said…
Love this Jen! Very cool.
Kerri said…
clear is a great word!! i just cleaned out my closet, as did my husband and that always feels so good.

i hear you on the tupperware cabinet!! one year i threw out almost all of it, but that wasn't the answer either. it's hard to make that look nice and pretty in the cabinets tho! good luck! ;)
Kim Padden said…
Hi Jen, I love your word for the year. Words are such powerful things. You've got me thinking about choosing my own word for the year. I think it would be embrace. I want to embrace this life I'm living more fully. I think I will write about this on my blog tomorrow. Thanks for sharing your heart on your blog. I am enjoying reading your posts and I love your word art.

Kim Padden