Skip to main content

Positively Wednesday!

Inner Artist

Today I would like to share a wonderfully inspiring blog post written by Stephey Baker over at Marked By the Muse. The post is about that big question, "Am I an artist?" I have struggled with my response to this question for quite some time. I know that I am creative. I absolutely love making things. In fact, I have too many hobbies and interests to count. But it's been hard to embrace the title of Artist. I'm not sure I can explain why. Maybe it's because I don't have artwork hanging in galleries. Or maybe it's because I don't paint on an easel. Maybe it's because I don't make a living making art.

But with time and the help of my young daughters, especially Rebecca, I have begun to realize that my definition of an artist was entirely too limited. Life is art. It is everywhere we look and in one way or another, we are all artists. So please enjoy reading Stephey's post and join me as I declare "Yes! I am an artist!"

Comments

Jess said…
You are an artist!!! Don't deny it!
stephey said…
Thank you so much for posting + sharing! I included your link at the end of the post (just an FYI) :)

I agree with Jess, You are an Artist!