Skip to main content

Feeling Courageous

Print from Lillebarn, too
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
~Ambrose Redmoon

This past Thursday, I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. I know...crazy, huh? It has been something I've needed to do for years, but I was avoiding it. I was scared. I was scared of the anesthesia, the recovery, the pain...... But it needed to be done and now it is! I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am. How proud I am. I faced my fears and I did it! I feel so strong and courageous! You'd think I had just done something exciting like bungee jump off a building (now there's a fear I don't plan on conquering). Nonetheless, it feels so good to know that I faced my fears. I am making things happen, getting things done that need to be done, and it feels great!

Comments

Rebekah said…
Oh my, I had that done as a teenager...not fun. I have to have a tooth pulled this Friday. Not looking forward to that either, but then I can start healing so I can have an implant put in.