Skip to main content

Whacky Waffles

Today's Inspiration Workshop theme is
Spending the Day Playing

Recently we spent the day "playing" with our waffle iron. This past Father's Day my husband decided to take us on a culinary adventure (I'm so lucky that my guy loves the kitchen). He was inspired to try some recipes from Rachel Ray's waffle week, a reminder that waffles aren't just for breakfast and our waffle iron isn't just for waffles.

So we started the day with biscuits and gravy (I must admit we doctored her gravy recipe). We had ham and cheese wa-ninis for lunch (using the waffle iron as a panini press--my idea after reading different ideas). For dinner we had Wa-zones (waffle calzones). And for dessert we had brownies.

What a fun and yummy day! Now the brownies still need work (they ended up over done), but everything else was a big hit. If anything, it has inspired us to try making other stuff using the waffle iron. A very useful idea with the hot summer weather (no need to turn on the oven). I just made buttermilk spice mu-ffles (muffins) this morning and I really want to try some chocolate chip cookies. This is so much fun! You should try it!

Gussy

Comments

I think coming up with all those waffle names is probably half the fun! Mu-ffles.. Wa-ninis.. haha. All sounds so yummy though!
Sarah B. said…
I did not know you could make such awesome dishes with a waffle maker. Now I need one!! :)
Suzzie Vehrs said…
I've heard of people making all kinds of crazy things with their waffle irons. So cool. My dad wanted waffles for Father's Day too. He puts vanilla ice cream on his. Its yummy!
Rebekah said…
Oh my goodness, what a fun culinary kind of day!! I'm dying for some waffles with our fresh strawberries and whipped cream on em'!