Skip to main content

Celebrate Today

This year I have come to a lot of realizations, one of which is the importance of living for the moment. Too often I'm either caught up in dreams for the future or memories of the past. Both are good things to do, but in moderation. As I've mentioned before, I need to focus more of my energy on enjoying what I have right now. Like my wonderful husband, my beautiful daughters, great family and friends, good health, etc.. I am blessed in so many ways and I am grateful.

But as much as I'd like to say I'm always focused in the present, it's not always true. When life gets going and I end up functioning on autopilot I'm either two steps behind or worried about the future. Old habits, old ways of thinking, are just not as easy to shake as I would like. For instance, my tendency to procrastinate often sneaks up on me and has me feeling behind. Ironically, it's often because it feels as if what needs to be done is so far in the future.

This just happened to me with Kat Sloma's Liberate Your Art postcard swap. I signed up months ago to make just five postcards using my artwork, yet ended up finishing the postcards this morning. Not only did I end up paying extra postage to get them to Kat by Friday (the deadline), but the postal worker remembered helping me with another rushed mailing. Oh well.

Regardless, I did it! I got the postcards done. I got them mailed. And I should celebrate. What are you celebrating today?

Comments

scrapwordsmom said…
Those postcards are divine. Even if you just finished them in time...I am the same way;)

I am continuing my Life Journal and trying to create new things...drawing faces and learning.
danasparkle said…
its amazing how when some things get sorted there is more room & energy for the simple things & creating.
soar like the balloons.
*
Anonymous said…
Thank you for the inspirational message! Your art work is beautiful. I received my gift from you. :) Thoreau is a favorite.
I have told myself many times to live for the day. And I know it isn't always easy. Too many things to think about! :) I was once told.. ten percent of life, is life itself, and ninety percent of life is how we react to that ten percent. I thought that was a good one.
Thank you again!