Skip to main content

Gaining control

"One half of knowing what you want is knowing what you must give up before you get it."
~Sidney Howard

"One of the secrets of life is to make stepping stones out of stumbling blocks."
~Jack Penn

This photo may look like a mess, but it really makes me happy. I am surrounded by excess whether it be too much stuff in my home or too many thoughts in my head. So I have been working on decluttering and simplifying.

I am working on organizing stuff I haven't touched in years. I'm emptying boxes. I'm making stacks for a garage sale. I'm writing lists and making schedules. I'm making dates with myself to declutter, to exercise (just finished the 9 week C25K program), to just be (trying meditation), etc..

I am gaining control and it feels great!

Comments

Baxter's Mom said…
Yay Jen! You are so motivating me...I want to declutter, but Baxter's Papa is such a pack rat!

Lunch soon??
Rebekah said…
Way to go Jen! So happy to hear you finished your 9 weeks!! Keep running!! Meditation is great too...I do some simple yoga stretches every evening and that allows me some quiet think time!
Leanne said…
Hey - how did you sneak into my basement without me knowing? Ok, maybe not - but that sure looks like my basement. And your post is completely inspiring and motivating me to simplify and declutter. Love it! Thanks!
scrapwordsmom said…
Jen, that is just great you are getting organized!! I am working on that, too and it does feel so very good!! It is a process though for me. But I am doing it one step at a time:)