Skip to main content

Shifting Focus

“It's not what's happening to you now or what has happened in your past 
that determines who you become. Rather, it's your decisions about what to focus on, 
what things mean to you, and what you're going to do about them 
that will determine your ultimate destiny.” ~Anthony Robbins

Generally, I'd say focus is a good thing. I enjoy having clear vision (even if it takes contact lenses) and I value mental focus. But right now, I am a little too focused. Focused to the point of obsession.

I have a tendency to get this way, especially when it's something I love. When I love something I love it with everything I possibly can. I like to think of this as passion. My husband lovingly refers to this as my pit bull quality, i.e. once I sink my teeth into something, it's hard to get me to release. But my current focus/obsession isn't so much from a love or passion.

My husband and I are looking at our life and considering some pretty big changes. Changes that could improve the quality of life for our family. But with big changes can come big stress and that's where my focus is. So I need to shift my focus.


Comments