Skip to main content

Simplicity

"Simple living is about living your life with a purpose that aligns with your values...
Living simply is about being who you were made to be." 
from Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenredier of Simple Living Media.


Some of you might have noticed that I haven't been blogging as much this summer. In fact, I took a whole month off from blogging even though regular life continued on. My break came partially from the busyness of life, but also because I needed it. I've been on an amazing adventure of discovery this year which started with what I thought was a simple One Little Word choice, Clear. My experiences have led me from one discovery to another and it's been quite empowering. 

Part of my adventure has included the opportunity to work with Tiffany Moore, life coach extraordinaire. Working with Tiffany has truly been a gift. It's been so helpful in gaining perspective, and sometimes changing perspective, when it comes to viewing my life and all that is in it. When I first started working with Tiffany I wasn't really clear on what life coaching was and what it could do, but I'm so glad I still took the plunge. So far I've learned that coaching isn't so much about fitting more into life, but rather getting more out of it. 

One of the first activities Tiffany and I did together was to put together a top ten list of my values. I absolutely recommend doing this because being in touch with my values has been invaluable. It has helped me in so many ways as I live my day-to-day life and appreciate all that I have. 

I must admit that I was sometimes surprised by the values that made it into my top ten, but as time progressed it usually became clear. Some values were on my list because they were important and I had an abundance, like love and creativity. But some values showed up on my list even though I felt like I didn't have much of them in my life. 

Simplicity was one such value. I felt like I needed more simplicity in life. And you know what? I have found that I do have simplicity in my busy and often crazy life. Simplicity finds its way in, whether its time for a cup of tea or a story with my daughters or a laugh with my husband or a jog through our neighborhood, etc.. 



Comments

Rebekah said…
Jen, this is wonderful and what a beautiful piece of art. I, too, have been enjoying my blog-a-cation. I'm having a hard time getting back into it...but I do love the idea of sharing and keeping in touch with my bloggy friends, so I really must. I always think September is when things settle down, but really it's more like October! Simplicity is one thing that has been made clearer to me this summer too. It was a wonderful summer and I really want to sit down and write a post about it while it's still fresh in my mind. Thanks for inspiring me!