Skip to main content

12 words for 2012

Happy 2012! Its the beginning of a new year. A time for reflection and fresh starts.

For the past several years rather than set resolutions that I don't keep, I've chosen a word to set the tone for the new year. But this year I am going to tackle the year a bit differently. Instead of focusing on one word, I am going to focus on a list of my top ten twelve values.

Love
Creativity
Family connection
Happiness
Comfort
Friendship
Simplicity
Fun
Community
Beauty
Sharing
Inspiration


I put this list together with the help of Tiffany Moore, life coach extraordinaire, and I can't even tell you how powerful this list has been. It may look fairly simple, but it's given me a strong sense of "me." It's helped me when making decisions both big and small. I feel so much more grounded and organized having a list that reminds me of what makes me tick.

Now don't get me wrong, my one little words have been quite powerful, too, especially last year's word, clear. My word last year took me on a powerful journey filled with self discovery. It led me to a better understanding of myself and it led me to some big life changes. But it also led me to my experience with Tiffany and my list of values. I just can't ignore that.

As I tried to pick one word for 2012, I thought of words like action or mindful or intention. But then I realized that they all truly revolve around my focusing on my list of values as a whole. So I'm going to breakout of the "one word" for 2012 and focus on 12 words: 12 words that represent me.

Comments

Baxter's Mom said…
Love this, Jen! So cool to have come up with this list that is really you! How's the new house???
scrapwordsmom said…
I think what works best for you is what's important in life. Your list is powerful for YOU! I think 2012 will be YOUR year!! Hope to see you blogging more:)