Skip to main content

Don't think, just do it!

Today was one my first mornings of "freedom" since both my daughters are now in school and it's one of my days off. I can't tell you how excited and anxious I was to have time to get things done without carting a little one around with me. But it was almost too much pressure. I wanted to get so much done that I felt frantic. I felt a bit like our dog Sprinkles racing around the house in excitement with too much energy to contain.

I'll admitt, I almost feel the same way as I return to my blog. I have so much I want to share, so much I want to write. In fact, I feel overwhelmed and unsure where to begin. I know the beginning is often a very good place to start, but the beginning is not so easy to pinpoint in life. And life is what I'm looking to share here. I hope to share stories about my life and lessons I'm learning, art and projects that inspire me, adventures I take with and without my family, and my running and weight loss journey.

I may not know exactly where to begin writing, but I do know that I am ready to start. I can't let the overwhelm or uncertainty stop me from doing something, no matter how small. Too often in the past, I'd over-analyze and over-plan so much that I wouldn't get anything done. And as much as I like to analyze, organize, and plan, I've finally recognized that its often a stall tactic for me.

So here I am, without a plan, ready to share this amazing adventure called life. I'm extra excited to share my running adventures, along with a few Pinterest-inspired detours durning the upcoming holidays. I especially hope to explore the part of my running journey that led me to train for a marathon this December, because there are still moments when I almost don't believe it myself.



Comments

Rebekah said…
I need to pop in and say hi and how much I enjoyed your post. This will be me in about 2 weeks when my kiddos start school again. I'm dreading it in some ways, but in other ways very much looking forward to it. Hardly had time to read blogs let alone post on mine. And I'm so with you on that frantic beginning point feeling. Congrats on the marathon training. I've completely fallen off the exercise routine and am so looking forward to returning to that. So, hi and bye...I'll hope to be back to posting on my blog in September!! Thanks for your good post!