Skip to main content

Happiness from a sticker

This summer, a little over a month ago, I ran my first half marathon. 13.1 miles! For me, it was 2-1/2 hours of running with a brief walk through the various water stations. An amazing accomplishment for someone that struggled with just one minute of running a little over a year ago. So I was proud! I knew it would be a big deal, so I often talked about getting a 13.1 decal for my car window to mark the occasion. And I did! In fact, my family presented me with my new decal just moments after I crossed the finish line and I couldn't have been more excited, or exhausted. I proudly placed that decal on my car window and my heart sings every time I see it. It holds such incredible meaning and memories. I love seeing it every time I open the garage in the morning or walk to my car in a parking lot.

As I once again noticed my decal this morning, I had a thought. Wouldn't it be great if we could all have decals celebrating our proudest moments? Something the whole world could see, but more importantly a visual reminder to ourselves. "I've lost 40lbs" or "I walked a mile today" or "I'm an amazing cook," etc. I know there are things out there that already do this to a certain extent, but what if it was more universal? Something we all did for ourselves to continually celebrate our proudest moments? Visual reminders that we would see and acknowledge daily, because it's not really the world that needs reminding. I know it's always nice to celebrate accomplishments with family, friends, and the "world." But who really needs the reminding? We do!

So go get, or make, yourself a "decal" and celebrate you! If your "decal" is anything like my 13.1, I can only imagine how happy you'll feel each and every time you see it.

Comments

Teresa said…
I love the idea of a sticker to mark my success. I have to think of what my sticker would be. Thank you for the food for thought.
Jacee said…
Hmm wasn't there a WW lesson about an anchor??? I think you are on to something. So the pink moose on the back of my car, what does that symbolize? :)