Skip to main content

Yum!

Last night, while my hubby enjoyed a night playing cards, my girls and I enjoyed a night of cookie baking and movie watching. We began our evening making homemade Oreos recently shared by Bakerella. We had a lot of fun measuring, tasting, mess-making, etc.. The cookie batter turned out awesome, even with different chocolate chips and cocoa powder. Unfortunately, since I'm not the best at reading ahead before starting, I soon discovered that due to a few hours of chilling, we weren't going to be eating homemade Oreos before bedtime (even a fairly late bedtime). Boo hoo! The girls were actually very understanding, so we chilled the dough, watched our movie (Princess Diaries), and went to bed. And then the cookie making continued in the morning, because there's no better way to start the day than with fresh baked Oreos! Yum!

Comments

Teresa said…
Twice the fun and half the calories!
Rebekah said…
Sounds like a fabulous evening. I had just pin'd those too and hope to make them in a few minutes so DD2 and I can assemble them this afternoon when she gets home from school!!