Skip to main content

Chasing dreams


As I've written before, I turned 40 last month. And with this momentous birthday has come celebration and reflection. One way I had been considering celebrating was with a special race, even another marathon. But as I searched, I began to realize I needed something different. The special race I really need to concentrate on is life.

Now when I'm comparing life to a race, I don't mean it's about speed or winning. That's never been what races are about for me. Races are about finding the courage to start something. Something you might have thought impossible. It's about dedicating time and effort to obtaining a goal. It's about getting out there and trying. And it's about pushing on, even when things get tough.

I have set and achieved some really special goals these past couple years, but there's still so much more I want to do. I still have unanswered dreams. Dreams worth chasing. And that takes time and dedication, much like training for a marathon. So it's time to strengthen my commitment to myself and to my dreams. It's time to direct energy and attention to chasing after my dreams.

Even though I may still find a special race to run this year (in fact, I already do have an extra special race coming up in May with my daughter, Rebecca), it's also time to start some serious "training" to chase down the life of my dreams.

Comments