Skip to main content

Inspiration * 40 in 40 * Week One

My girls: f/5.6, 1/15 sec, ISO 4000


Hearts and twinkle lights: f/5.6, 1/60 sec, ISO 1600
Creating: f/3.5, 1/1000 sec, ISO 1600


Imagination and childhood: f/3.5, 1/10 sec, ISO 400
Light and nature: f/5.6, 1/125 sec, ISO 400

So earlier this week, I started my own weekly photography challenge, and here are my photos from Week One's theme, Inspiration. Each photo includes my inspiration and the exposure details since I am in learning mode.

The top photo is my girls peeking out of a tee pee we made the girls last summer. When I was first taking this photo, I was frustrated that I couldn't get them both peeking out the same way. But looking back at the photo, I now see that it really expresses their different personalities. Rebecca is very open, whereas Katherine can often be more guarded.

The second photo is a couple of heart ornaments hanging from the ceiling fan in my art studio. I absolutely love hearts and I was experimenting with blurring the twinkle lights in the background (i.e. the bokeh effect). I'm sure I'm somehow in the reflection of the shiny ornament, but it's not what I was trying for.

The third photo is the counter top in my art studio, an obvious source of inspiration. Once again, I was playing with blurring various aspects of the photo.

The fourth photo is Katherine drawing in the tee pee. I couldn't resist trying to capture the moment and the magic of childhood that lives inside that tee pee.

The last photo is the wisteria growing on our fence in the backyard. The lens flare/rainbow in the photo was a happy accident. I love watching the light around me as I watch for new photo ops.

I could have kept going since inspiration abounds, but I'd say this is a good start with such a short week. So I'm excited to see what I can do with a full week. So it's time to get working on

Week Two's theme, Home.

Comments

Jacee said…
Very cool! I love the pictures when the kids don't cooperate, they actually are my favorites in the long run!