Skip to main content

Comfort * 40 in 40 * Week Six

Seeking comfort  f/4.0, 1/30 sec, ISO 1800 
As I grieve the loss of my dad, I have been struggling to find peace and comfort. The emotions I am feeling are strong and painful, so my natural inclination is to protect myself from them. I find myself trying to numb the pain in various ways, including a few too many desserts here and there. And this is not really bringing me the comfort I need. I just end up frustrated and angry with myself each time I overdo it with the sweets.

"True comfort never results in a shame spiral." ~Brené Brown

More than ever, I need to remember that I find my true comfort in other places:

Being creative
Making art
Photography
Cooking for my family
Running
Writing
Time with friends and family
Taking action
Sharing
Listening to music
Practicing yoga
A warm cup of tea or coffee
Organizing/cleaning my home
A deep breath
A good night's sleep

Week Seven's theme, {Extra}ordinary

Comments

Unknown said…
I'm looking forward to seeing that creativity! Dang Brene' calls it every time!