Skip to main content

Earning gold stars

Recently, I've started taking brave steps towards living the life of my dreams. Now when I say that, it almost implies I'm unhappy with my life right now. But that couldn't be further from the truth. I'm blessed beyond belief. I have a family I love, friends I cherish, good health, a beautiful home, etc.. It just means there's still more my heart wants to share and there's still more I want to do as I live a life that honors my values. So I'd like to share a few of my first brave steps....

A couple weeks ago, in the early morning, I was checking email and noticed an email from my previous life coach, Tiffany Han. I really loved working with her, so I continue to follow all the amazing and inspiring stuff that she does. This email was announcing the launch of her new program, 100 rejection letters. It's a year long program that encourages action despite the possibility of rejection and in the face of fear. It seemed like just the right thing and just the right time to get me moving on dreams again. So I took the leap and signed up. Seeking out 100 rejection letters in one year would definitely encourage the action I was "ready" for. 

Soon after signing up, before the program officially started, I learned about an upcoming art exhibit at a local gallery looking for artists to contribute 30 pieces in 30 days. It seemed a bit crazy but I thought it could be fun to have art featured in a gallery. But I really thought that if I submitted art samples, I would earn an early "no" and get a jump start on my gold stars (earned with each rejection letter). So a couple days before Tiffany's program began, I submitted artwork to be considered for the exhibit and then waited for my first "no." I had taken action and I was proud of myself.

But then just a few days later, I was looking for a work email and stumbled across an email from the gallery. So I opened the email, ready to collect my first shiny, gold star of rejection. But the email said YES! I have 30 pieces of artwork to create in the next 30 something days! And then these precious pieces will be included in the exhibit for just over a month. I will have art hanging in a gallery! I am stunned and excited and scared, etc.. I have not created artwork in such a long time. But it is time. Because if 30 pieces in 30 days doesn't scream action, I don't know what does.

Comments