Skip to main content

My Word for 2015

It's crazy to think another year has passed by. I started 2014 with grand plans to attack life and live big. I felt so bold that I chose "Legendary" to be my word for 2014, representing my desire to really live my life. To be active rather than passively let life pass me by. I was filled with excitement for my 40th birthday in March. But then I lost my dad unexpectedly in April. Life suddenly changed.

I spent much of the year on a roller coaster of varying emotions. So much emotion that I couldn't really handle it all without retreating and shutting down from life. It's been a tough year to say the least. But I'm back here on my blog today, choosing a word for 2015, because I am hopeful for the new year. I didn't spend a lot of time choosing my word. My word crossed my path when I wasn't searching. It seemed to choose me. My word for 2015 is "Open."

It is time to be open. Open to life and to living. Open to possibility. Open to change. Open to inspiration and creative adventures. Open to the desires of my heart and the whispers from my soul. Open to feeling the emotions of life, both joyful and painful. It's time to move away from retreating and hiding from life, from closing up to avoid pain and loss. Life is to be lived.

While reading the book Broken Open I ran across a quote that seems just right:

"And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~Anaïs Nin

Comments

Rebekah said…
My word is JOY!