Skip to main content

52 Weeks from the Heart: Inspiration

Two weeks into the year and I'm already feeling overwhelmed. The 2015 miles in 2015 challenge, resuming Weight Watchers with the need to really lose 20+ lbs, a new creative project every week, not to mention all the usual stuff that fills our everyday lives. It's exhausting and I am struggling. Somehow I thought starting the new year was going to magically make this all easier. But now that I've started it's proven to be just as challenging as it was last year. But it's still worth the effort. And to help me out a bit, this week I thought I'd focus on the theme "Inspiration."  Inspiration often energizes me as I make changes both big and small, chosen and otherwise. And inspiration will most definitely fuel this 52 Weeks from the Heart project.

For a while now I've been envisioning a book of inspirational quotes using a pocket scrapbooking/Project Life style, much like the one created by Rebecca Cooper. I love quotes and I've been collecting them for years. I thought it would be great to put some of my favorites in a book that I could thumb through when I need some encouragement and motivation.

This week the idea evolved even further as I decided to finally create such a book. I realized printing out many of the quotes and images I'd collected on Pinterest was going to be a large undertaking and as I announced above, life has me exhausted. So I decided to simplify. Rather than have the pressure to fill a larger album, I used an inexpensive 4x6 photo album ($0.97 at Walmart). I then printed collected quotes from my Pinterest board, utilizing the Project Life app. This allowed me to easily include several quotes on one 4x6 layout. The idea evolved even further when I decided to combine some of the quotes with photos of my life and loved ones (true inspiration to me). 

And I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. I especially love the photos that I added quotes to. I can't wait to add to my book, as time permits. It's a perfect source of inspiration and an accidental reminder of things I am grateful for. I plan to carry it with me since I chose such a portable size (another happy accident). I have taken on a lot this year, and I hope keeping this precious book close will be just the reminder I need when things feel rough.

 



Comments

Kelly Warren said…
Very cute! And I love that lost quote with the rainbow illustration. True words of wisdom there. Hope you are well.