Skip to main content

52 Weeks from the Heart: Love

Love. I have chosen this as the focus of today's 52 Weeks from the Heart project. It seems quite fitting with Valentine's Day tomorrow. And not only is it a good chance to celebrate romantic love and the love of family and friends but also self love. I sometimes struggle with this when I beat myself up for not living up to my often unrealistic expectations or when I fail to take the time to care for myself. I need to remember to share the love with myself.

“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection” ~Buddha

“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”~Lucille Ball

“If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.”~Fred Rogers

“To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance” ~Oscar Wilde

The project I chose was transforming old jam jars into pretty votive holders. Between colored paints or glazes, etching or chalkboard, there were lots of options to transform the glass jars. I decided to try the mercury glass look. There were many tutorials available online and I decided to follow this one. I love the way it turned out, especially with the added chalkboard sticker hearts and the warm flicker from the candle light (I used battery operated lights). 



Have a Happy Valentine's Day!

Comments