Skip to main content

Getting healthy, one bite at a time

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. ~unknown

It's time to check in with my health goals for 2015. I've had my ups and downs this past month, but all in all I'm getting there. I traveled at least 115 miles by foot (I did miss one day with my FitBit), with 31.5 miles of running. I'm still following a Jeff Galloway running plan as I prepare for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon in May. I've enjoyed the program with it's run/walk approach to training. I am currently running with a 2 minute run/1 minute walk ratio which seems to encourage faster running, since I know I'll quickly have a minute to walk and recover.

My 10 year old daughter has decided to run with me once a week, which I really love. I run a lot slower than she can, so she's a bundle of chatty energy as she stays back with me. It's priceless bonding time. I'm about to add a day of yoga with my 7 year old daughter (that's more her speed), so I'll be sure to check in with that in March. I've been attending my Weight Watchers meeting weekly and attempting to follow the program. I have my good days and my bad days, but that's a lot better than all bad days. So here's to another month of moving forward, regardless of speed. I'll be sure to check back in March 2nd.


Comments