Skip to main content

Getting Healthy: I Am Capable

inspired by Made Vibrant's #HandLetteringCourse and #MeetYourselfMarch
Another month has raced by and it's time to check in with my 2015 health goals. I'm still starting out slow but little by little I'm making progress. I've traveled another 108 miles by foot (of which 22 miles were run). I'm still working with my Jeff Galloway training plan as I prepare for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon in May. I've enjoyed a few runs with my older daughter, Rebecca, and some fun yoga sessions with my younger daughter, Katherine, including a fun Star Wars Yoga adventure.

I am still struggling with my weight, but I'm starting to really see the source of my current troubles--emotional eating. Grieving the loss of my dad has set me on quite the emotional roller coaster and even now, almost a year later, I still find ways to numb the pain rather than face my feelings. I'm hoping to address this by starting a long overdue daily journaling practice. I'm reading a book by Aurora Winters that offers a method for working through my thoughts and feelings. I've also started reading the book, 50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food. I could definitely use some alternative methods to feeling better. I imagine some extra creative time will continue to be part of the plan, between my weekly 52 Weeks from the Heart and now a new challenge, Meet Yourself March.  

Meet Yourself March is a challenge to encourage a daily lettering practice and self discovery. The challenge was created by Caroline Winegeart, an artist I discovered when listening to a "Raise Your Hand. Say Yes." podcast by Tiffany Han.  I created today's image as Day One:

I am joining @ckelso #BetterLetteringCourse#MeetYourselfMarch Day 1's prompt: Three words to describe you. I thought about using obvious descriptions like creative, sensitive, loving, etc.. but the three word phrase "I am capable" seemed even more descriptive. I am capable of deep emotion and quiet strength. I am capable of crazy things like running a marathon and losing 30+ lbs. I am capable of great happiness and inspired change. Etc.. Now is the perfect time for me to remember this. I am capable!


I've completed the first few days of prompts and I'm really enjoying it. I hope the fun continues. It'll be interesting to see where this month takes me. Happy March! 

Comments