Skip to main content

Live What You Love

Just like I thought, I didn't get back to my blog last night. I just couldn't help myself with Glee being on (so much fun). But here I am now. I was going to show you some of the creations from this weekend but I just haven't had the time to take photos. So instead I feel like sharing a couple books I have borrowed from the library recently.

You may remember my If your heart could speak post. I had found that quote but forgot to write down the name of the book. Well I figured out the book's title was Live What You Love by Bob and Melinda Blanchard. So I requested it from the library and got it today. But a week or so ago I was able to check out another book by the same authors: Changing Your Course. I can't tell you how wonderfully inspiring this book has been. It seems to give me permission to dream and believe that anything is possible, as well as give me the tools to go after my dreams. So I was excited when their other book came today. Just reading the first couple pages was incredible. Bob and Melinda seem to know exactly how I feel. Here's just a tidbit:

"When did your dreams get buried under the responsibilities of adulthood?


Now you sense something needs to change, but you're too busy to stop and think about what it is. You long for those forgotten times when each day's accomplishments filled you with joy and excitement, when you embraced life with energy and enthusiasm.


When there were a million special days.


The first day of school, the night before your fifth birthday, summer vacation, your first kiss.... all of these were momentous achievements that made you feel almost giddy inside.


But now you sometimes feel as if you're stuck in a great big rut and, as the years go by, the rut keeps getting deeper and deeper. You sense loss, understanding that your were meant to do more."

I want more. And I love these books for supporting me on this. And I also loved Kelly Rae's Flying Lessons and the community of creative women that I found through the class, which supports the same idea. So here's to dreaming big, chasing those dreams down, and catching them!! And living what you love!!

Comments

scrapwordsmom said…
Sounds like a book I would enjoy, too. '

Kelly's class was great...my fave part was finding so many new friends!!!!

Have a wonderful, magical weekend;)

Leslie
Jen said…
We love you too! I so appreciate your comments on my blog and facebook site. Then to read your comment on the pre-order made my heart just glad. Thank you!! I'm saving it and putting it somewhere I can see it and be glad that there are other kindred spirits who "get it".

And you're right- you have to dream big!