Skip to main content

Tied to a dream

D.R.E.A.M.
I can't begin to tell you how happy this little cash register makes me. Every time I walk by it I smile. It is still new to me but it's been on my mind for quite a while. A few weeks ago my mom and I discovered the Antique Trove where one could spends hours lost in antiques bliss. I have never been one for collecting antiques but between my grandma and a few blog friends, I decided to take a second look. Unfortunately when we discovered this place we were tight on time so we had to peruse quickly, barely scratching the surface. As we were leaving I stopped to take a closer look at one of the seller's booths and this little cash register caught my eye. I didn't think too much of it as we hurried out, but it's image kept popping up in my head ever since. In fact, I found myself designing a whole kitchen around it.  

I do have a beautiful kitchen that I love. It's just in a house that is about 25 miles away from my work, the girls' schools, the girls' extracurricular activities, etc.. So as I read Changing Your Course, getting a new house closer to our "lives" is on my list of changes to make. And one concept from the book that has stuck with me is about turning your dreams into reality and that researching helps "tie your dreams to reality." So when I started to see a new kitchen based on this cash register I began to feel as if this little cash register had become a symbol for my tying my dreams to reality. It helped me better visualize the possibilities.

So I couldn't stop thinking about it. It had grown to be important to me and my goals and dreams. So this past Friday I went back to get it. But when I got to the place it had been.....it was gone. My heart sank. I panicked. What sort of sign was this sending me and my dreams? I walked around wondering what to do. I was about to walk away but I took one more look around around the booth. And as I made that final lap around I looked down and inside a toy baby carriage, there it sat. So I immediately snatched it up and proceeded to hug it as I walked to the front of the store.

So I am happy to say this little cutie is mine. It sits on my counter reminding me of my hopes and dreams. It helps me visualize my goals. And it makes me happy.

Comments

Daniel said…
I love you.

Oh, and visualize a man cave for me in the new house.
scrapwordsmom said…
I have that cash register only it is in blue...and I think I sold it at our last garage sale...now I am sad that I did that:( I had had it since I was like 5 or something and played with it everyday. I just have so much stuff and I had been in one of my throwing out everything moods...oh, well. That's life, right? I will survive;)

Very fun to hear about your dreams, Jen. You sound so much like me in many ways. That's why I enjoy stopping by here so much.

Have a wonderful day!!! And hug that cute little red cash register for me...her brother is roaming around the country somewhere without me...
Rebecca Everett said…
What a great reminder of your dreams. It's so cute too. hope all is well in your neck of the woods!
Rebecca Everett said…
Jen I just love how you have your tabs on the top of your blog. How did you do that?
Anonymous said…
such a cool reminder! and really great blog by the way
It is adorable! Perfect reminder of your dreams... and it doesn't hurt it is SO cute! :)
Anonymous said…
Lovely post and what a perfect way to remind you of what you dream of. ☺
Shalet said…
I *LOVE* it! Somehow I know all your dreams will come true!
jacqueline said…
Dearest Jen, it's been a while since i visited you too! So gald that you drop by my space and leave me such beautiful sweet words. That cash register is soo lovely and such a wonderful reminder of your dreams! I am loving your blog look and also the tabs at the top...it's looking awesome! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!
Kristin Dudish said…
I'm so glad you found it :)

(Great photo too)