Skip to main content

A Snow Storm of Happy

Yesterday was a crazy day. Yet it was filled with lots of happy energy. At times I was reminded of the snowball effect where things build on each other, but the more I thought about it, it really wasn't one big snowball building up in size but rather a lot of little ones. So forgive me as I shower you with some of my happy snowflakes.

It started with the realization that Rebecca's pumpkin patch birthday party this coming weekend was going to be rained out. So I spent the morning calling around to find a Plan B. I know we could have switched to a party at home, but each time I throw one at home I am exhausted afterwards. So I did find a Plan B that made everyone happy: Build-A-Bear in the mall. Rebecca adores Build-A-Bear right now, so I am excited! There's one happy snowflake.

I also learned that a blog friend of mine, Leslie at Words of Me Project, chose to honor my blog with her Blog of the Week. I  just love reading Leslie's blog. A lot of times when I read her blog its as if she's in my head, yet she can express it so much easier than I can. She's a talented writer and I am very honored that she chose my blog. There's happy snowflake #2 (I feel a bit like the Count from Sesame Street).

Leslie's blog also linked up to a contest to win the book Creative Bloom written by Jennifer Swift at Bird from a Wire, another blog friend of mine. I am so excited for Jen. I love reading her blog and can't wait for her book to come out. I've already pre-ordered it through her site but I still had to enter the contest, because how much fun would it be to share one here on my blog. So there's happy snowflake #3.

I had an acquaintance on facebook leave a message for me complimenting my art. Snowflake #4. And some moms at Katherine's dance class have shown some interest in my art at Polka Dots. Snowflake #5. Even today there's been some happiness spill over: I found out that Peculiar Momma, another blog friend, is giving away the book Witch Craft on her blog. She contributed an adorable snow globe project to the book that I even tried with the girls a few weeks ago. Snowflake #6.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. There was lots of happiness and inspiration swirling around. And like I said it wasn't really a snowball, but rather a gentle little snow storm of happy. Let it snow!

Comments

soraya nulliah said…
Dear Jen-I love all your snowflakes!! Isn't it amazing how, once we express gratitude, we find so much to be grateful for. You are right...it builds!!And what a beautiful pic...of a beautiful little...snowflake:)
Thanks so much for your wonderful suggestion...I think I will put Tara's nursery pics in her photo album...just so I can remember and also to show her when she gets older!
Shalet said…
Yay for happy snowflakes!
Sounds like you are busy this week but having a great time. Love the snowflakes theme ... very creative!
jacqueline said…
Dearest Jen, your snowflakes are really gorgeous!! :) Sounds like you are having a busy week with very exciting and happy time! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!
Baxter's Mom said…
Hi Jen! So happy things are hopping for you...you are so talented and I Love your style. Looking forward to lunch next week.
Kerri said…
that's a great snow storm! :) glad you've had lots of happiness lately!