Skip to main content

Ready, Set, Go!


After my epiphany/pep talk the other day, I finally got myself going. I started working towards my good health goals again. I worked out on our ellipse Saturday and started the Couch to 5K program yesterday (and ran today!). I even ate all the healthy things my husband lovingly packed in my lunch on Saturday, which in itself is a small victory. I'm notorious for leaving the carrot and celery sticks uneaten, simply carrying the same baggie back and forth in my lunch for days. There have been studies showing how sugar-addicted mice would rather starve than switch from their sugary, junk food diet to a healthy diet. Unfortunately, I sometimes feel like one of those mice, even though my diet is not really that full of junk. I just don't seem to crave that bag of carrots and celery. So I'm working on other easy alternatives to get in my rainbow of healthy food.

I have already begun to enjoy the quiet time that walking/running gives me to think. You could say I came to another important realization in just my first "run." It's crazy how much I seem to be learning about myself this year. I realized that I am an excellent starter. I start reading books. I start creative projects. I start health kicks and new fitness routines. What I really need to work on is the finishing part.

So it is time for me to get serious. No more planning. It's time for doing. And it's time to finish what I start. Time to finish those books and finish those creative projects. And it's time to stick with a healthy and active lifestyle.....for good. I know I won't be perfect, but you know what? That's okay. As long as I try my best each and every day, that is all that matters (Brene Brown would be so proud).

So join me. Let's start doing the things we've been planning to do. And let's finish what we start!

Comments

Rebekah said…
Awesome photo! You GO girl! I just started keeping track of my steps for a challenge I'm participating in locally, so it's been great motivation today. I'm really working on kicking sugar. This last month was great for TOM issues...much less than they usually are...so I'm going to try hard to behave for a 2nd month and just see...
scrapwordsmom said…
Finishing is the HARDEST part of all!!! I love your enthusiasm!!!!
Cheri said…
Count me in! I'm going to START working on finishing! ;)
jillconyers said…
More than a year later...this is awesome Jen! Now I'm off to browse your blog to see how it went :)

Thank you for the kind comment on my Fitness Friday post.

[Fitness, Health and Happiness]
Teresa said…
Love this post!