Skip to main content

Sew & Tell

I have a bit of a one track mind sometimes and right now I'm on the sewing track. So I thought I'd share some of my projects.

The mannequin pictured above was the first project I made with my new sewing machine. She came out of the Tone Finnanger book I mentioned last month, Sew Sunny Homestyle. She is the perfect tree topper for my year round, white Christmas tree (that I'm filling with angels and flowers and hearts....oh my).

And then yesterday, my mom, my girls, and I went to an art show in town. On top of seeing beautiful art and my talented nature photographer friend Kenna, we also learned about a brand new quilt shop, Fabric Garden, only open 1 month. The shop was filled with gorgeous quilts, beautiful fabric, and tons of inspiration. As a thank you for coming in to the shop, we were given a strip of fabric with instructions to make these cute tissue holders. So quick and simple to make.

And then I tried my hand at some pillow case dresses for the girls. I've seen so many pillow case dresses and they all look so cute. But I'm not really liking mine. Feeling like they look a little too much like sacks. I need to do a little more work, or rededicate this adorable fabric to a different dress style or maybe zipper pouches (I'm looking forward to tackling the zipper).

And if all goes well, I'll have another project to share on Thursday's GussySews Inspiration Workshop. See you soon....


Comments

Rebekah said…
Oh fun, fun, fun! Love those butterflies on the black. Neat-o!
scrapwordsmom said…
You are just soooo crafty, Jen. Love this. I don't sew and am too scared to try. Who knows...maybe one day!
Great job, Jen! I love little quick sewing projects that bring that instant satisfaction of creating. :-) I love the tree topper with her pink wings. ;-)
Angela said…
I love the fabric on your pillow case dress. So cute!
Christina Kim said…
Wow, what a lovely idea, and the results are just so adorable too!:)
My world said…
the way that lacey and I make the pillowcase dresses we give them a slight a line instead of just straight down, made a huge difference!! all such cute things you are making!