Skip to main content

OLW March Blog Hop

OLW February photo assignment

Today I am joining in on some One Little Word (OLW) blog hopping fun thanks to Margie from Ali Edward's OLW class (which I absolutely LOVE). So for those of you visiting for the first time, I'm Jen. I have two adorable little girls, a loving & supportive husband, and a full-time job as an optometrist. But my heart truly belongs to all things creative, which is what this blog & By Jen are for. 


I've been choosing a word each year for several years now, and this year I chose the word Clear (kind of funny when you think about me being an eye doctor, huh?). I wasn't sure about my word at first, but with the help of Ali's class I have fallen in love with my word and all it stands for (if you'd like, you can read more here and here). Not only is it helping me to clear out physical clutter like my overflowing house and my excess weight, but my OLW is helping me find mental clarity, including my very own "Aha" moment.

So let me walk you through my photos and my thought process from February's assignment. Top left: one day while giving an eye exam, I noticed how my "live" charm was dangling and it seemed like a clear message. Top middle: this is a portion of a poster in my office--I like the  blue sky and the word floating in it. Top right: A glass of water--both a literal and figurative symbol (good health). Middle left: A clear counter--a wonderful accomplishment. Middle: The clear sky through my daughter's hands--it just felt right. Middle right: A close up shot of our elliptical trainer--still getting used this year even now as we enter March. Bottom left: A mixed media piece I made in response to my "Aha" moment. Bottom middle: our Wii is also helping me with my weight loss goals and clear mind. Bottom right: some of the books that have helped clear my thoughts. And the large shot is my favorite--I just love the blue sky in the midst of grey clouds and traffic. I still need to sew a page protector for it.

So far I am loving this class and I can't wait to see what's in store for March! Thanks again for stopping by today. I have some really fun stuff in the works right now (I've been inspired by so much lately), so please be sure to visit again. Or better yet, you can follow my blog or facebook page (I have twitter, too, but I tweet about once or twice a year), so you don't miss out on any of the fun !

Now make sure to continue on with the fun at the OLW Blog Hop's next stop, Sylvia of Baxter's Mom. As some of you may already know, Sylvia is a great friend of mine. She is a very talented artist and I am sure she's got some fun stuff to share. Make sure to stop by and say "hi". But wait...

Just one more thing (it's just so hard to say goodbye sometimes). If anyone is interested in a special reminder of their word be sure to check out the word art here and in my etsy shop. Not only do I make custom pieces, but I also offer custom DIY kits if you want the fun of creating yourself. And save 20% this week with the coupon OLWHOP.


Okay, Now off to Sylvia's.......

Comments

Christina Dowty said…
Hi Jen! I just wanted to let you know that I have awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award. You can see what to do back on my blog at http://thecrazystamplady.blogspot.com
MonicaB said…
Wonderful page & photos!
Rebekah said…
Love your pages and journaling! TFS! Still enjoying my prize!
Anonymous said…
Gorgeous :) So nice to see your word working in your life. Enjoy March!
Baxter's Mom said…
Great Post, Jen! Love how you are seeing "your word" all around you!
cinback said…
Love the heart hands!
Donna said…
fantastic page, fantastic word.
Heather Hare said…
Great photos! I love the images you chose to illustrate your word. Good luck in March! :)
Anonymous said…
Love the way you have captured your word in everything around you.
mandyb said…
very cool pics...love the way you have captured your word in action.
Cheri said…
great photos! thanks for sharing!
Great photos! I noticed the globe you made in your next post - that is amazing! Wish I had seen that when I was trying to think of an idea for my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary! That would have been perfect!
ScrappnBee said…
LOL! Clear for an eye doctor! Love that large photo! A one in a million shot for sure (at least here in Seattle area where sunbreaks are rare-and that is an actual term used by the weather man!). Great nine patch. Thanks for sharing!-Amanda (#21)
scrapwordsmom said…
Hey, Jen! Just wanted to say hi...great Project Life page. And I had forgotten your Word...so cool:)
Anonymous said…
so sorry I am late your part of the hop! I have been having some big internet issues so the last part of the list I wasn't able to get to until now. There is a conference in Beijing and the government cracks down on the internet and this makes blogs very hard to access and the internet in general SLOW! Anyway, your photos are such a great representation of your word. Thanks for joining the blog hop.
danasparkle said…
love this
i have been enjoying OLW too. my word is Light.
May your year be clear with sparkling creative fun.
*